Besides choosing the right clay, the tools and tips at home are also vitally important.
In addition to clay, you can take advantage of the items available in the house to create products. However, if more tools will help you manipulate easily and create more professional products. You can easily find these tools on the web or at bookstores or handmade materials shops.
– Steel clay modeling tools
– Oil paint or acrylic
– Sponge foam soil flowers
– Incubation cream: Helps protect leftover clay for use next time (apply around the clay and place in a tight container)
– Soft ice cream: Helps the Japanese clay soften and give it the desired consistency
– Colloid milk: Transparent color, used to adhere product parts together.
– Mold for cutting flowers
– Rolling machine
– Clay solution: Create soft coatings on products such as cakes. Use by mixing with clay.
Some basic guidelines
– Color mixing: Mix directly into clay (oil color) or paint when dried (acrylic)
– Use composting cream or soft cream to make soft clay. However, a lot of soft ice cream will make it difficult for the clay to form.
– Use a pen with no smudge, color drift to draw small details on the product.
– When modeling clay, we mainly use our hands to manipulate. So choose a clay type of origin & safety to avoid health effects (skin, nervous system, etc.)
– Store excess clay in sealed bag.
Instructions for making simple products from handmade clay
To prepare these beautiful flowers you need to prepare some materials and tools
- Japanese clay
- Color to mix with clay (oil color)
- Basic clay tools
- Fairy powder / pastels
- Use white clay to shape it with your chosen flower color.
- Roll and flatten the clay.
- Use a knife to cut into small petals
- Use your hand to shape the desired shape
- Use a metal-tipped tool to spread thin petals out
- Use a razor to flap the wings evenly and naturally
- Putting the petals together
- You can use the stigmata available or decorate with round beads. Or use pastel colored powder in the middle.
- Just attach the finished product to your hairpin, flick your hair or connect it with a string to make you have something unique and pretty.